*Chat to us for specials during the Mad March SALE!*
SWAG CAMPING UNDER THE STARS
SOUTHERN FLINDERS RANGES
COOBER PEDY UNDERGROUND TOWN
JOSEPHINES KANGAROO ORPHANAGE
ULURU (AYERS ROCK)
HIKE KATA TJUTA (THE OLGAS)
WATARRKA (KINGS CANYON)
Day 1 We start our adventure travelling through the vineyards of the Clare Valley wine region, but soon enough we’re heading into the rugged Outback through the historic town of Melrose, gateway to the Flinders Ranges. We enjoy an easy stroll through the awesome Alligator Gorge, which is sometimes bursting with wild flowers. We’ll then settle in the heart of the Southern Flinders Ranges for the night.
Day 2 Along the way to Coober Pedy – the Opal Capital of the World – you’ll notice the incredible changing landscapes. Wildlife, such as kangaroos, emus and eagles will scatter as road trains thunder across a landscape that resembles Mars or the Moon. On a tour of an underground mine and Opal Mine and Museum you’ll learn about the history of Coober Pedy. A highlight for some is visiting Josephine’s Kangaroo Orphanage, where you can meet the rescued kangaroos and baby joeys and admire (or buy) Aboriginal art and didgeridoos. Tonight, we sleep like the locals do – underground, in bunkhouse accommodation.
Day 3 It’s a big day driving up the Stuart Highway, with several pit stops en route. Our mission today is to reach the majestic Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we’ll camp for the night in an authentic station.
Day 4 We get up early to explore Watarrka (Kings Canyon), where you’ll need to stop to admire and photograph the massive sandstone walls, vast canyon floor and stunning gorges. On the Canyon Rim Walk (3-4 hours), you’ll experience the beautiful Garden of Eden and learn more about the local Aboriginal culture. After lunch, we begin our journey into Uluru. Nothing will prepare you for the sight of The Rock. We quickly set up camp before learning about the local Aboriginal History at the Uluru Kata Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Soon after we’ll be experiencing our first awe-inspiring Uluru sunset, taking time to absorb the beauty and majesty of this place.
Day 5 We start the day at dawn taking a (3 ½ hour) walk around the base of Uluru. Hiking through acacia woodlands and grassy clay pans, you’ll spot wildlife at waterholes, marvel at The Rock’s geological wonders and learn more about Aboriginal interpretations from your Culturally Accredited Groovy Guide. Later, we relax back at our campground or join one of our Adrenalin Plus options such as skydiving over Uluru.
Day 6 After devouring yet another scrumptious breakfast we’ll experience a glorious sunrise over Kata Tjuta, before we hike to lookouts around Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and visit the majestic Valley of the Winds with its ancient rock formations and extraordinary views. After lunch, we’ll hit the road to Alice Springs, arriving approximately at 6:30pm.
- The Ayers Rock Resort has a swimming pool, wi-fi, shopping centre, bank and laundry facilities.
- We may adapt our hikes in Watarrka (King’s Canyon) if it’s too hot.
- Some hikes involve steep climbs and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- The drop off at the Ayers Rock Resort after lunch on Day 6 is available.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $44.