Rock 2 Water
USE CODE GROOVY10 AT CHECKOUT FOR 10% OFF TRAVEL DATES BEFORE MARCH 31ST, 2020
10% OFF = $850.00
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TOUR
Travel the real Australian outback from Adelaide to Alice Springs on our Groovy Grape Rock 2 Water tour.
Rock 2 Water is a truly memorable experience that captures the beauty, authenticity, and culturally significant background of Outback Australia. Our guides are accredited experts in the region and have been touring there for many years. The food on tour is prepared fresh and always tasty, it’s not uncommon that we receive feedback on how good it is! From the locations, accommodation, and activities available, you can truly connect with nature, adventure, and make some new tour friends along the way.
WALK THE BASE OF ULURU (AYERS ROCK)
HIKE VALLEY OF THE WINDS AT KATA TJUTA (THE OLGAS)
WATARRKA KINGS CANYON AND THE GARDEN OF EDEN
SWAG CAMPING UNDER TWINKLING OUTBACK SKIES
SIFT FOR OPALS AT COOBER PEDY UNDERGROUND TOWN
HAND FEED JOEYS AT JOSEPHINES KANGAROO ORPHANAGE
ALLIGATOR GORGE HIKE IN THE FLINDERS RANGES
Day 1 – Alice Springs > Uluru
From Alice Springs, we journey across the rugged Outback to Uluru (Ayers Rock). Nothing will prepare you for the sight of Uluru – You know it’s big… but it’s bigger than you think! We learn about the region’s indigenous history at the Uluru Kata Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre before taking an easy walk around the base of Uluru and learn more about Aboriginal interpretations from your Culturally Accredited Groovy Guide. There’s no better way to finish the day than watching the vivid sunset over Uluru, before snuggling inside your swag under the star-studded desert sky.
Day 2 - Uluru
After an early breakfast, we’ll head to Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) for sunrise and visit the majestic Valley of the Winds, with its ancient rock formations and extraordinary views. The hikes here can be challenging at times with steep sections and duration of about 3 ½ hours. If your feeling adventurous, fall from the sky with our adrenaline option, Skydiving over Uluru! (extra cost). After lunch, we drive to an authentic station where we set up camp for the night.
Day 3 – Kings Canyon
Today we set out for Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon), you’ll need to stop to admire and photograph the massive red sandstone walls, vast canyon floor and breath-taking gorges. On the Canyon Rim Walk (3-4 hours) experience the peaceful Garden of Eden and learn more about local Aboriginal culture. This afternoon we drive to one of our campsites at Kulgera, Erldunda or bush camp in swags.
Day 4 – Coober Pedy
Along the way to Coober Pedy – the Opal Capital of the World – you will notice the incredible ever-changing landscape. Keep your eyes peeled for Kangaroos, Emus, Horses and Eagles as we thunder across a very Mars-eque looking landscape.
In town, we’ll take an underground Opal Mine and Museum tour where you’ll learn about the history of Coober Pedy. A highlight for some is visiting Josephine’s Kangaroo Orphanage, where you can meet the rescued kangaroos and baby joeys and admire (or buy) Aboriginal art and didgeridoos. Tonight, we sleep like the locals do – underground, in bunkhouse accommodation. You’ll have some free time to explore this afternoon, be sure to find a hilly spot and admire the glowing pink sunset or try your hand at noodling for opals.
Day 5 – Coober Pedy > Flinders Ranges
After breakfast, we journey south into the foothills of the magnificent Flinders Ranges. On the way, we stop at Pimba and get a chance to view the salt lakes. We’ll stop en-route for lunch before driving to Wilmington where we’ll sleep among the river red gum trees.
Day 6 – Flinders Ranges > Adelaide
We enjoy a morning walk through the towering red sandstone cliffs of Alligator Gorge, which is sometimes bursting with wild flowers and amazing wildlife: you might get the chance to spot kangaroos or wallabies. We enjoy our last lunch together, before heading to Adelaide arriving at approximately 5pm.
The Rock 2 Water tour is from Alice Springs to Adelaide, it can also be travelled in reverse on our Adelaide to Alice Springs/Uluru Rock Patrol tour here.
- The Ayers Rock Resort has a swimming pool, wi-fi, shopping centre, bank and laundry facilities.
- We may adapt our hikes if it’s too hot.
- Some hikes involve steep climbs and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- Please bring 3L of water.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
How cold does it get at night while camping? In the summer it is warm at night, approximately 18-20 degrees Celsius, but in winter temperatures can drop to around 0 degrees Celsius. You will need a warm sleeping bag inside of your swag with a rating of at least -4 degrees Celsius. We have excellent quality sleeping bags for hire ($30 hire fee) that are rated to -10C. Bring a beanie for your head which helps keep you warm during the night.
Are there showers and toilet facilities available when we go camping? Yes, we stay at facilitated campgrounds that have showers, toilets on all nights where camping is involved.
Can I charge my phone or camera during the trip? The hostels and campsites we stay at will have power points for you to charge your phone or camera during the trip, however you must remember to bring your own universal adapter if required.
Can I visit the field of lights during my Rock 2 Water tour? Yes! We can help assist you in booking it or you can book it yourself, just follow these details… Book for day 1 of your tour and choose departure 3. After you have booked your experience please let us know so that your tour guide will be aware of your plans.
Will I get bitten by snakes or spiders? It is highly unlikely, however, in the event of an emergency our buses are fully equipped with medical supplies which can be applied to by our knowledgeable guides who are First Aid Certified.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to email@example.com