Kangaroo Island Wildlife Adventure
GUIDED TOUR AT SEAL BAY BEACH WITH AUSTRALIAN SEA LIONS
KAYAK, SWIM OR SNORKEL IN CRYSTAL-CLEAR COASTAL WATERS
SANDBOARD DOWN THE DUNES AT LITTLE SAHARA
HIKE AND SPOT WILDLIFE ALONG THE WAY
RUGGED COASTLINES OF FLINDERS CHASE NATIONAL PARK
ADMIRALS ARCH AND REMARKABLE ROCKS
AUSTRALIAN NATIVE WILDLIFE
Groovy Grape Tours travel to Kangaroo Island from Adelaide, experience Australian wildlife and nature at its best over an action packed two days.
Day 1 From our comfortable bus, you will appreciate the fantastic coastal views as we head towards Kangaroo Island along the Fleurieu Peninsula. After driving for 90 minutes, we board the ferry for the 45-minute cruise to the picturesque beachside village of Penneshaw.
Our first stop will be at Pennington bay for a fantastic photo opportunity on one of the most scenic Kangaroo Island beaches, and who knows, if we are lucky we might spot a few dolphins!
The highlight for many is the guided tour along the pure-white beach of Seal Bay, where you can walk within metres of countless Endangered Australian Sea Lions snoozing on the sand or frolicking in the surf. The only place on the earth where you can do this.
The action-packed afternoon starts with sand-boarding down Little Sahara dunes. We leisurely paddle with kayaks along the Harriet River, but if you do crave something more adventurous, quad-biking along rocky paths through dense scrub is an optional extra. Our dormitory style accommodation is located within a farm on the edge of the national park, right on the remote Western end of the island. After dinner, we sit around the campfire swapping stories and spotting wildlife, such as kangaroos, possums and the endangered Tamar Wallaby.
Day 2 After breakfast, our wildlife adventure continues! We take ourselves even further into the remote Western wilderness to Flinders Chase National Park, which hosts two extraordinary geological features: The Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch, which is also home to a colony of New Zealand Fur Seals. Learn about the geology and the unique lighthouse keeper’s history from your tour guide.
In the cooler morning weather, we can hike one of the many walking trails on the island where you can watch kangaroos hopping about the bush, koalas nesting in their favourite gum trees and possibly spot a shy echidna shuffling past. In the summer months, we spend some time swimming and snorkelling in search of the elusive leafy sea dragon which resides off the coast. Laze around Vivonne Bay, Hanson Bay, Stokes Bay or one of the other superb beach spots with their pristine sand and clear water, or alternatively you can follow the nearby trail along the beach and river to search for more wildlife.
From Penneshaw, we reluctantly take the ferry to Cape Jervis for the drive back to Adelaide, arriving at around 8:30pm.
Please Remember for your Kangaroo Island tour:
- Luggage is limited to one small bag of 7kgs per person
- Kayaking, swimming and snorkelling - *weather permitting
- Groovy Grape's itineraries are included as a guide only, as we encourage our guides to be flexible. Road, weather and group conditions always change, so by being flexible our tours are varied and individual.
- All bed linen is provided at the overnight accommodation.
- You can buy food and drinks on the ferry for breakfast on day 1 and for dinner on day 2
- You can also buy snacks and drinks (including alcohol) at Penneshaw on day 1
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How much luggage can I bring? On the Kangaroo Island tour passengers are requested to bring only a small overnight bag, as this tour returns to Adelaide and most hostels/hotels will hold extra luggage in safe keeping for the short 2-day duration.
Can we snorkel and swim all year round? Kangaroo Island gets cold over winter, much like all coastal South Australia, the water temperatures are a balmy 13-14 degrees Celsius. Without a thick wetsuit, it is not advised to swim/snorkel this time of the year.
What are the wet weather activity options? We explore more walks and trails around the coast and national park, where it is semi-sheltered by trees. Ensure you bring a warm, water proof jacket.
How long is the ferry ride? 45-60 minutes.
View more Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org