Great Ocean Road & Grampians
STUNNING SCENERY ALONG THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD
VISIT LOCH ARD GORGE, BAY OF ISLANDS AND LONDON BRIDGE
SUNSET AT THE 12 APOSTLES
RAINFOREST WALKS IN THE GREAT OTWAY NATIONAL PARK
VISIT A 30,000-YEAR-OLD VOLCANO
PINNACLE PEAK HIKE IN THE GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
Groovy Grape Tours Melbourne to Adelaide road trip along the Great Ocean Road and through the Grampians National Park.
We begin the ultimate Groovy Grape road trip by cruising along one of Australia's best drives... the Great Ocean Road! stopping to watch surfers in action at famed beaches such as Bells Beach and Torquay. We'll also visit artistic beachside villages of Apollo Bay and Lorne.. get your cameras out and tag us @groovygrapetours.
We’ll stop at the historical section of the Great Ocean Road that was carved through cliffs by returned World War I servicemen. Afterwards, we take a walk through the Great Otway National Park, home to some of the world’s oldest temperate rainforest. There’s no better place to finish the day than the famed Twelve Apostles. This spectacular collection of limestone stacks is best appreciated at sunset from the boardwalk. Take the opportunity to view this spectacular sight from the skies in a helicopter (extra cost). Tonight, we sleep in dormitory style accommodation on the Great Ocean Road.
We continue along the Great Ocean Road, stopping at several extraordinary rock formations along the Shipwreck Coast, such as the Bay of Islands, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge. For lunch, we stop somewhere truly spectacular: The Tower Hill Reserve, home to a dormant volcano which was once active over 30 thousand years ago has now transformed into a stunning wetlands and lake eco-system, abundant with Australian wildlife.
We enter the Grampians National Park in the afternoon, where we visit the Brambuk Cultural Centre to learn about local Aboriginal history, before taking a walk to Mackenzie Waterfalls. Prepare yourself for a sight to make any nature lovers jaw drop. Cascading water over sharp mossy edges, a giant natural pool that glistens in the sunshine…majestic. Before sunset when wallabies, kangaroos and kookaburras come out to play, we head to Reeds Lookout which provides a magnificent viewpoint and photo opportunity of the surrounding ranges and valleys. Tonight, we sleep in shared wooden cabin accommodation, with the towering mountains and leafy scenery surrounding us.
We get up to hike a challenging 2 hours to the Pinnacle in the Grampians National Park, but it’s worth it… trust us. At the peak, we take in the surrounding scenery as the sun rises over the land... one of the most memorable moments on tour. If it’s a foggy day. Count yourself lucky! You’ll be standing above as the clouds sit lazily above the valley below you.
After lunch we’ll hit the highway toward vibrant Adelaide.. but not before visiting South Australia’s famous pink lake!
We arrive in Adelaide at approximately 7pm.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How much fitness is required for the tour? A moderate level of fitness is required on most of our tours. During the Great Ocean Road & Grampians tour we undertake hikes that are about 2-3 km. Travellers will need to keep a moderate pace during these hikes as we can be in remote destinations at times.
How much luggage can I bring? The maximum luggage allowed is 1x suitcase or backpack per person, plus a day pack (to take on board the bus for your camera, water bottle, sunscreen etc. The bus carries secure trailers with the bus for luggage storage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that the ongoing epidemic of COVID-19 may affect current T&C's, please contact our office regarding your tour.
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to email@example.com