Great Ocean Road & Grampians
SURFTOWNS AND SEASIDE VILLAGES
GREAT OTWAY RAINFOREST PARK
SUNSET AT 12 APOSTLES
GRET OCEAN ROAD
GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
Travel Melbourne to Adelaide With our Great Ocean Road & Grampian Tours
Travel from Melbourne to Adelaide and see the amazing sights the Great Ocean Road has to offer. As one of Australia’s premier tourist destinations, the Great Ocean Road is known for its stunning ocean views. Our tour starts in Melbourne and takes you all the way to Adelaide along the great ocean road, while passing through the Grampians – another amazing destination. See what our Great Ocean Road tour includes below.
Our Great Ocean Road Tour – Travel Melbourne to Adelaide and See What Australia Has to Offer
Day 1 – Famous surf locations
We begin the ultimate road trip, cruising towards the Great Ocean Road and stop to watch surfers in action at famed beaches such as Bells Beach and Torquay (home of surf brands Rip Curl and Quicksilver). We also visit artistic beachside villages of Apollo Bay and Lorne. We’ll stop at the historical section of the Great Ocean Road that was carved through cliffs by returned World War I servicemen. We take a walk through the Great Otway National Park, home to some of the world’s oldest temperate rainforest. There’s no better place to finish the day than the famed Twelve Apostles. This spectacular collection of limestone stacks is best appreciated at sunset from the boardwalk. Take the opportunity to view this spectacular sight from the skies in a helicopter (extra cost). Tonight, we sleep in dormitory style accommodation in the dormitory rooms of a backpacker’s hostel on the Great Ocean Road.
Day 2 – Tour the Grampians
We continue along the Great Ocean Road, stopping at several extraordinary rock formations along the Shipwreck Coast, such as the Bay of Martyrs, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge. We enjoy lunch at Tower Hill Reserve, the site of a dormant volcano, lake, wetlands and habitat to lots of wildlife: emus, koalas, kangaroos, possums, echidnas and many types of birds.
We enter the Grampians National Park in the afternoon, where we visit the Brambuk Cultural Centre to learn about local Aboriginal history, before taking a walk (40 minutes) to MacKenzie Falls. Before sunset when the local wildlife, such as wallabies, kangaroos and kookaburras come out to play, we walk (an easy hour) to The Balconies, which provides a magnificent viewpoint and photo opportunity of the surrounding ranges and valleys. Tonight we sleep in shared wood cabin accommodation, with the mountains towering around us.
Day 3 – Hike the Grampians
We get up to hike a challenging 2 hours to the Pinnacle in the Grampians National Park, but it’s worth the effort for such awe inspiring views. We will enjoy lunch in the Grampians National Park before hitting the highway and arriving into Adelaide city at approximately 7pm.
Please remember …
Sometimes our itinerary must be flexible due to road and weather conditions
The hike to the Pinnacle is the most challenging walk on the tour through rough terrain, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Contact us for more information on our Melbourne to Adelaide tours
Please contact our friendly staff for more information on our any of our tours. We have a range of outback adventure tours, from Ayers Rock to Kangaroo Island, so you’re sure to find something that suits you.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $44.