Great Ocean Road & Grampians
SURFTOWNS AND SEASIDE VILLAGES
GREAT OTWAY RAINFOREST PARK
SUNSET AT 12 APOSTLES
GRET OCEAN ROAD
GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
Our Great Ocean Road Tour – Travel Melbourne to Adelaide and See What Australia Has to Offer
Day 1 We begin the ultimate road trip, cruising towards the Great Ocean Road and stop to watch surfers in action at famed beaches such as Bells Beach and Torquay (home of surf brands Rip Curl and Quicksilver). We also visit artistic beachside villages of Apollo Bay and Lorne. We’ll stop at the historical section of the Great Ocean Road that was carved through cliffs by returned World War I servicemen. We take a walk through the Great Otway National Park, home to some of the world’s oldest temperate rainforest. There’s no better place to finish the day than the famed Twelve Apostles. This spectacular collection of limestone stacks is best appreciated at sunset from the boardwalk. Take the opportunity to view this spectacular sight from the skies in a helicopter (extra cost). Tonight, we sleep in dormitory style accommodation on the Great Ocean Road.
Day 2 We continue along the Great Ocean Road, stopping at several extraordinary rock formations along the Shipwreck Coast, such as the Bay of Martyrs, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge. For lunch, we stop somewhere truly spectacular: The Tower Hill Reserve, home to a dormant volcano which was once active over 30 thousand years ago has now transformed into a stunning wetlands and lake eco-system, abundant with Australian wildlife.
We enter the Grampians National Park in the afternoon, where we visit the Brambuk Cultural Centre to learn about local Aboriginal history, before taking a walk to Mackenzie Waterfalls. Before sunset when the local wildlife come out to play, such as wallabies, kangaroos and kookaburras, we walk to The Balconies, Boroka or Reeds Lookout which all provide a magnificent viewpoint and photo opportunity of the surrounding ranges and valleys. Tonight, we sleep in shared wooden cabin accommodation, with the mountains towering around us.
Day 3 We get up to hike a challenging 2 hours to the Pinnacle in the Grampians National Park, but it’s worth the effort for such awe-inspiring views. At the peak your tour guide will point out the surrounding scenery as the sun rises. We will enjoy lunch in the Grampians National Park before hitting the highway and arriving into Adelaide city at approximately 7pm.
Please remember …
Sometimes our itinerary must be flexible due to road and weather conditions
The hike to the Pinnacle is the most challenging walk on the tour through rough terrain, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Please contact our friendly staff for more information on our any of our tours. We have a range of outback adventure tours, from Ayers Rock to Kangaroo Island, so you’re sure to find something that suits you.
Terms and Conditions
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org