Grampians & Great Ocean Road
*TRAVEL IN MARCH FOR $380*
GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
GREAT OCEAN ROAD
GREAT OTWAY RAINFOREST PARK
SUNSET AT 12 APOSTLES
SEASIDE VILLAGES AND SURFTOWNS
Groovy Grape provides the wonderful tour experience of traveling through Victoria’s Grampians and Great Ocean Road. We take from Adelaide to Melbourne, we’re on the way you will experience the incredible and rocky terrain of the Grampians National Park before experiencing the awe-inspiring natural beauty and beaches of the Great Ocean Road.
Day 1 We escape the city and cruise through the scenic Adelaide Hills with a morning stop to grab a bite to eat and a tea or coffee. We stop for lunch before entering Halls Gap, gateway to the famed Grampians National Park. At around dusk, when wildlife, such as wallabies, kangaroos, cockatoos and kookaburras, come out to play, we walk (an easy 1 hour) through rocky outcrops and forests to The Balconies, another stunning geological formation. Tonight, we sleep in dormitory style accommodation in the heart of the Grampians..
Day 2 We wake up and hike 2 hours to The Pinnacle, probably the finest viewpoint in the Grampians. We visit the Brambuk Cultural Centre to learn about the local Aboriginal history, before departing this wondrous place. For lunch, we stop somewhere truly spectacular: The Tower Hill Reserve, home to wetlands, a lake, abundant wildlife and a dormant volcano.
The magnificent Great Ocean Road beckons! We stop at several extraordinary rock formations along the Shipwreck Coast, such as the Bay of Martyrs, London Bridge and Loch Ard Gorge. For many, the most amazing sight is the famed Twelve Apostles. You can even view these sights aboard a helicopter flight (extra cost). This spectacular collection of limestone stacks is best appreciated at sunset from the boardwalk. Tonight, we stay in dormitory style accommodation on the Great Ocean Road.
Day 3 We start our final day with an easy walk through the Great Otway National Park, which boasts some of the world’s oldest temperate rainforest. Sections of the Great Ocean Road were carved through cliffs by servicemen returning after World War I, and offer some of the most impressive coastal roads you’ll ever see. You can take a quick dip in the ocean or explore the artistic beachside villages of Apollo Bay and Lorne. You can watch surfers in action at famed beaches such as Bells Beach and Torquay (home of the surf brand outlets Rip Curl and Quicksilver) before making our way to The Big City.
GRAMPIANS & GREAT OCEAN ROAD
- Sometimes Groovy Grape's itinerary must be flexible due to road and weather conditions
- The hike to the Pinnacle is the most challenging walk on the tour through rough terrain, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Parts of the Grampians National Park were affected by bushfire in January 2014, and as a result some trails are closed for repairs. Should they reopen, we will endeavour to visit them.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $44.