Flinders Outback Explorer
Groovy Grape provide incredible tours from Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges. This tour takes you to the heart of Australia’s rugged outback, where you will experience wildlife and natural scenery unlike never before.
Day 1: We start our weekend adventure travelling to the magnificent Flinders Ranges in the central region of South Australia. On the way we pass world class wine region of Clare Valley and scenic vineyards as we escape the Adelaide region. A quick stopover for lunch and refreshments at the Hawker railway station internationally recognised as one of the transit destinations for the renowned ‘Ghan Train’. Before entering the Flinders Ranges, you will spot Kangaroos, emus, yellow footed rock wallabies and if you’re lucky, you might see an eagle flying alongside the tour bus. We arrive at our destination, in the heart of the Parachilna Gorge where we’ll settle for the night.
Day 2: After breakfast, we hike to Mount Ohlssen Bagge approximately 941 metres above sea level. Witness the scorching heat that gives colour to the Wilpena Pound while the wind casually brushes on your face. Get carried away in the presence of Australia’s diverse wildlife but snap some photographs before they scoot away! After lunch, you will be amazed during the Blinman Mine and pools hike. The night will be spent at Angorichina in dormitory style accommodation. Meet the extremely friendly locals and gather around the campfire with your fellow travellers as your tour guide takes you on a journey of Aboriginal dreamtime story telling.
Day 3: We kick off the day with a bike ride in the Parachilna gorge. Enjoy the moment of being surrounded by tall red cliffs and coloured creek beds while you pedal down the tracks. Lunch will be prepared at Quorn with popular hotspots such as the Pichi Richi Railway and historic infrastructures. Explore the town and ask the locals for the setting of popular films such as Wolf Creek and the Last Ride in Quorn. Your tour guide will take you to the Dutchman's Stern. This is a great opportunity to appreciate the views and take photographs of the beautiful flora and fauna only found in the land down under. We hit base camp for the night and snuggle in the comfortable swags being completely surrounded by bushland.
Day 4: On the dawn of the final day, we take the Sugar Gum trail hike at Mount Remarkable. At the peak you’ll have a panoramic view of gorgeous red quartzite cliffs. Shrug the dirt off your shoulders as we drive down the coast to renowned wheat shipping Port Germein. On arrival, you are invited to walk the longest jetty in South Australia! Get a quick sun-tan, leave your footprints in the sand or sit in the shade as you watch the waves break on the shore. The group will gather for a fun picnic style lunch on the beach before heading back to the city of Adelaide.
Flinders Ranges Outback Explorer
To book this memorable experience, get in touch with the team at Groovy Grape today.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $33.