Flinders Outback Explorer
Groovy Grape provide incredible tours from Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges. This tour takes you to the heart of Australia’s rugged outback, where you will experience wildlife and natural scenery unlike never before.
Day 1: We start our weekend adventure travelling to the magnificent Flinders Ranges in the central region of South Australia. On the way, we pass the world class wine region of Clare Valley and scenic vineyards as we escape the Adelaide region. A quick stopover for lunch and refreshments at the Hawker Railway Station, internationally recognised as one of the destinations for the renowned ‘Ghan Train’. We then start to explore the Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park with an interpretive walk to Arkaroo Rock. On the way to the Parachilna Gorge where we’ll settle for the night, you will spot kangaroos, emus, yellow footed rock wallabies and if you’re lucky, you might see an eagle flying alongside the bus!
Day 2: After breakfast, we hike to Mount Ohlssen Bagge approximately 941 metres above sea level. Witness the scorching heat that gives colour to the Wilpena Pound while the wind casually brushes on your face. Get carried away in the presence of Australia’s diverse wildlife and snap some photographs before they scoot away! After lunch, you will be amazed during the Blinman Mine and pools hike. We’ll head back to Angorichina driving through the scenic Glass Gorge before sharing an authentic Aussie Barbecue.
Day 3: We kick off the day with a bike ride in the Parachilna Gorge. Enjoy the moment of being surrounded by tall red cliffs and coloured creek beds while we pedal down the tracks. Lunch will be prepared at Quorn, a town with popular hotspots such as the Pichi Richi Railway. Explore the town and ask the locals for the setting of famous films such as “Wolf Creek” and “The Last Ride”. After lunch, we will climb the Dutchman’s Stern, a great opportunity to take in the panoramic views and photograph the beautiful flora and fauna only found in the land down under. We then hit the road to our accommodation for the night and snuggle in the comfortable beds.
Day 4: On the dawn of the final day, we take the Sugar Gum trail hike at Mount Remarkable. At the peak, we’ll have a panoramic view of gorgeous red quartzite cliffs. Shrug the dirt off your shoulders as we drive down the coast to the renowned wheat-shipping town of Port Germain. On arrival, walk the longest jetty in South Australia! Get a quick sun-tan, leave footprints in the sand or sit in the shade as we watch the waves break on the shore. We will gather for a fun picnic style lunch on the beach before heading back to the city of Adelaide.
Flinders Ranges Outback Explorer
To book this memorable experience, get in touch with the team at Groovy Grape today.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $44.