Barossa Valley Wine Tour
USE CODE GROOVY10 AT CHECKOUT FOR 10% OFF TRAVEL DATES BEFORE MARCH 31ST, 2020
10% OFF = $104.00
JACOBS CREEK WINE TASTING EXPERIENCE
FEEL AT HOME AT KIES FAMILY WINES
RESTAURANT LUNCH INCLUDED WITH COMPLIMENTARY GLASS OF WINE
SIP CHOCOLATE PORT AT LAMBERT ESTATE WINES
SAMPLE WINES FROM ALL OVER THE BAROSSA VALLEY AT TASTE EDEN VALLEY
Experience the best of the Barossa Valley wine region on our Groovy Grape all-inclusive wine tour.
We start our Barossa valley wine tour by winding our way through the North-eastern suburbs and scenic Adelaide Hills for an hour. We stop for coffee at Williamstown - the gateway to the Barossa Valley. We then visit the astonishing Whispering Wall* as tall as a 9-storey building and constructed in a perfect semi-circle over 110 years ago. It’s possible to hear someone whisper from one end of the dam wall to the other end, 140 metres away.
As the vine leaves replace the gum trees, we enter the largest and most celebrated wine region in Australia. Our first stop is the world-famous Jacob’s Creek, the largest wine exporter in the Barossa Valley. A local guide will provide an informative explanation of their wines and offer a selection of their famed shiraz, merlot and rosé for tasting. Our next stop, Kies, is a family-owned boutique winery, be prepared to have a laugh with their cellar door staff. Their exquisite wines are not available for sale anywhere else in the world.
For lunch, we’ll head next door to the Monkey Nut Café for a selection of restaurant meals. Before being seated take a pick of your favourite red or white wine from the tasting as this will be a complimentary drink to enjoy with your lunch.
After lunch, we make our way to one of the oldest towns in South Australia, Angaston. This town is historic and very scenic. Here, we stop at Taste Eden Valley where we can taste wines that come for all different cellar doors of the Barossa Valley. You also have the option to have a seated wine tasting paired with Barossa made chocolate (optional extra).
Our final winery, Lambert Estate Wines, a family owned business that made their name thanks to their chocolate port! Finally, we’ll stop by Menglers Hill lookout for a superb view of the Barossa Valley and the sculpture park before heading back to Adelaide, arriving at approximately 5:30pm.
* We cannot visit the Whispering Wall on days where there is a fire ban
Please Remember for your Barossa Valley wine tour:
- Water is supplied at each of the cellar doors we visit. Please take advantage of this and remember to drink responsibly.
- Groovy Grape does not tolerate drunken/rude behaviour.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted on the bus.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Can we still travel on this tour if the weather is wet? The wet weather does not affect the Barossa Valley itinerary as all the wine tastings are inside a cellar door. It is the perfect tour for the middle of winter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to email@example.com