Alice Springs/Uluru to Adelaide
Uluru to Melbourne via Kangaroo Island
Uluru to Melbourne adventure! Start in Australia's great outback, sleep under the stars as the outback night sky lights up, take in the sacred areas of Uluru, hike Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon as the sun starts to rise over the rugged outback landscape. Explore the underground town of Coober Pedy, where we hand-feed orphaned joeys. Before reaching Adelaide, we hike Alligator Gorge in the pristine Southern Flinders Ranges.
Take a break and visit the Barossa Valley for a leisure day. Taste wine from four different cellar doors, including Jacobs Creek, Kies Family Wines, Taste Eden Valley and Lambert Estate Wines.
Our coastal adventure begins with Kangaroo Island for 2 days, see endless Australian wildlife, sandboard down 7,000-year-old sand dunes, kayak, swim and snorkel in the pristine coastlines and view all the ancient rock formations in Flinders Chase National Park.
Continue through the Grampians National Park, where we hike to the top of the Pinnacle for an epic view over the landscape. Eat lunch in a dormant volcano before cruising the Shipwreck Coast and the Great Ocean Road upon entering Melbourne.
Part 1: 6-Day Rock 2 Water Tour
- Uluru base walk and cultural centre
- Kata Tjuta Valley of the Winds hike
- Sleep under the outback sky in swags
- Kings Canyon rim walk and the Garden of Eden
- Underground Opal town of Coober Pedy
- Hand feed orphaned baby joeys
- Hike Alligator Gorge in the Southern Flinders Ranges
Part 2: 2-Day Kangaroo Island Wildlife Adventure Tour
- 45-minute guided tour at Seal Bay
- Kayaking, Swimming and Snorkelling*
- Sandboarding at Little Sahara
- Flinders Chase National Park; Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch, Koala Viewing
- Native Australian Wildlife
*Weather permitting - Summer only
Part 3: 1-Day Barossa Valley Day Tour (Optional)
- Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre
- Tasting and restaurant lunch at Kies Family Wines
- Taste Eden Valley
- Taste chocolate port at Lambert Estate Wines
Part 4: 3-Day Grampians and Great Ocean Road Tour
- Mackenzie Waterfalls and the Pinnacle Hike in the Grampians National Park
- Lunch in a dormant volcano at Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve
- Shipwreck Coast; Loch Ard Gorge, London Bridge, Bay of Martyrs and the Grotto
- Sunset at the 12 Apostles
- Great Otway National Park
- Surf towns and Seaside Villages
See full itineraries below.
The Barossa Valley tour is optional and can be added to your adventure for $99.
Price without the Barossa Valley is $1625.00
Tours do not need to be booked in sequences mentioned above.
Accommodation in Adelaide in between tours is booked at your own expense. Ask us for recommendations today!
Adventure, Wildlife & Wilderness...
Adelaide to Melbourne
Taste wine at four Barossa Valley cellar doors, including the world famous Jacob's Creek
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GGT charges 25% 60- 30 days prior to departure, 50% 29- 8 days prior to departure and 100% 7 days prior to departure.
You can amend your tour date up to 7 days prior to tour departure with no charge. However, if you decide to cancel in the future the cancellation policy applies from the day you decided to amend your tour date.
You are unable to amend your tour date within 7 days of tour departure and 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- GGT may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time.
- GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have a reasonable level of fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT authorises the right to remove any passenger from the tour immediately if they fail to comply with the tour leader’s instructions or if they jeopardise the safety of the group and tour leader.
- GGT caters for dietary requirements and food allergies, however we do not cater for dietary preferences.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or Cash.
- GGT recommends that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, money, luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- Dates and itineraries are valid from 1st of April 2019 to end of March 2020. All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST.
- GGT caters for 3 meals a day only. We do not provide snacks or alcohol.
- We do not carry any persons under the age of 10 years old. If the passenger is between the ages of 10-14 years old, they must upgrade to a private room. If the passenger is between 15-17 years old and are travelling alone, they will need a parental/guardian consent form to be signed and forwarded to GGT.
- Complaints are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org