Kangaroo Island: Seal Bay - Flinders Chase National Park - Remarkable Rocks - Admiral Arch and more!
Groovy Grape provide awesome and memorable Barossa Valley wine tasting tours departing from Adelaide. The tour is an incredible way to taste some of Australia’s finest wine and produce, as well as seeing the beauty of this world-renowned natural region.
After winding our way through the suburbs and scenic Adelaide Hills for an hour, we stop at Gumeracha, home to the World’s Largest Rocking Horse. It also boasts a café and Australia’s only remaining wooden toy factory, and for some the highlight is hand-feeding the remarkably tame kangaroos, goats and alpacas.
BAROSSA VALLEY wine tour
In Williamstown, the gateway to the Barossa, we visit the astonishing Whispering Wall*. As tall as a 9-storey building and constructed in a perfect semi-circle over 110 years ago, it’s possible to hear someone whisper from one end of the dam wall to the other end 140 metres away.
As the vine leaves replace the gum trees, we enter the largest and most celebrated wine region in Australia. Our first stop is the world-famous Jacob’s Creek, the largest exporter in the valley. A local guide will provide an informative explanation of their wines and offer a selection of their famed shiraz, merlot and rosé for tasting. Our next stop, Kies, is a family-owned boutique winery, where the setting is quaint and the service is personal. Their exquisite wines are not available for sale anywhere else in the world.
For lunch, we'll head to Saltram's for gourmet pizzas. You'll also get the chance to do a cellar door tour and taste a selection of their wines.
THE SUPER GROOVY ITINERARY
After Lunch we'll slowly make our way to Wolf Blass. This world renowned winery created in 1966 by a German migrant, Wolfgang Blass, is nowadays one of the most awarded wine brands. We'll get the chance to taste their wide range of wines before we pop into our last winery Lambert estate, a family owned business that made their name thanks to their Chocolate Port. Finally we'll stop by Mengler's Hill lookout for superb views of the Barossa Valley before heading back to Adelaide, arriving at approximately 5pm.
* We cannot visit the Whispering Wall on days where there is a fire ban
- Water is supplied at each of the cellar doors we visit. Please take advantage of this and remember to drink responsibly.
- Groovy Grape does not tolerate drunken/rude behaviour.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted on the bus.
Terms and Conditions
- Groovy Grape Tours (GGT) may amend prices and change vehicles from time to time. GGT reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary due to road, weather or group conditions.
- GGT expects you to have reasonable fitness and to act responsibly for your own safety.
- GGT accepts payment by Mastercard, Visa or cash.
- GGT recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- GGT accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on our tours.
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation policy: GGT charges 25% 8 – 30 days, 50% 24 hours – 7 days and 100% within 24 hours of tour departure.
- Amendments: Inside 3 days passengers wanting to change tour dates will be charged a booking amendment fee of $33.